The root for the AT&T HTC One X is here and it can be used on the devices which are working the 2.20 firmware. So as to apply a everlasting root, you will have to learn this whole article and unlock the phone’s bootloader. All these instructions might be discovered within the tutorial and it is best to only try to use all changes should you’re an advanced Android user.
The previous 1.85 firmware allowed you to root it with out the necessity of unlocking the bootloader, as you may modify the /system partion and to install the SU and Superuser APK, which was potential because of the fact that S-ON was partially enabled. Now, with the 2.20 Firmware the S-ON is absolutely enabled and you can not edit and write in /system partition and that’s the reason you’ll be pressured to unlock the device bootloader.
How to root AT&T HTC One X 2.20 Firmware with X-Factor exploit:
- Download the Xfactor exploit for Windows zip from HERE.
- Unzip the file and save the files in a single file on your PC desktop.
- Connect your One X AT&T to your computer via USB cable.
- Open the folder created at step 2 and double-click on the ‘run.bat’ icon.
- Now you have to follow the on-screen Xfactor exploit instructions. Make sure that you allow two backup restorations to be created when running this exploit.
- When the Xfactor exploit is complete and successfully, you should see the “[+] Set CID!” text. If this doesn’t appear then the files weren’t applied successfully and you should stop. Do not move to the next step.
- If everything went correctly, the smartphone will be rebooted into Bootloader Mode. When the bootloader mode loads you should press the ENTER key and the XFactor exploit should print the CID. To know for sure that the exploit was applied, it should display the ’11111111′ text as CID.
- Now press ENTER to create an unlock token.
- Go to HTCdev.com. Click the ‘Unlock Bootloader’ and then select your smartphone from the ‘ALL other supported models’ drop-down menu; it should be on the right-hand side of the web page. After that you should enter the ‘unlock token’ you got at step 8.
- When the ‘Bootloader unlock’ process is complete, you are done. Now you flash custom recovery images and boot TWRP or CWM Recovery modes.
- Note that you should flash the ‘superuser.apk’ file in order to gain full root. It can be done using TWRP Recovery or CWM Recovery or even a custom recovery ADB shell.
I think that these are all the steps that you had to take in order to root your HTC One X AT&T. Note that without flashing the ‘Superuser’ APK you will not get full ROOT.root at\u0026t htc one x 1.85, root at\u0026t htc one x 2.2, root at\u0026t htc one x 2.20, root at\u0026t htc one x 4.0.3, root at\u0026t htc one x 4.0.4, root at\u0026t htc one x mac, root at\u0026t htc one x plus